Home-made Hair Care Tips
Apply warm oil on hair:
- Argan Oil: directly from Moroccan Argan tree seeds, reach in Vitamin E, is the perfect moisturizer for dry and dull hair reducing frizz.
- Coconut Oil: It works on all hair types, is locally available and affordable. It helps with with dandruff, softens the hair, repairs split-ends, boosts hair growth and protects the hair from losing protein.
- Castor Oil: It reduces breakage at the roots, good for hair health and is a great moisturizer. It prevents scalp from being peeled off.
Tip: Choose a natural oil based on your need and hair type and massage well into scalp and hair for optimum hair health.
Follow Suitable Diet for Healthy Hair:
Protein is the building block of healthy hair since it holds each strand together. The hair itself is made up of a protein called keratin, and yours tends to be stripped off it with everyday styling, pollution and stress. Increase the protein levels in your diet by consuming a diet rich in dairy (cottage cheese, other unprocessed cheeses, ghee, yogurt as well as eggs, poultry, legumes, lentils, green beans and limited amounts of soy).
Omega 3 fatty acids is essential to keep your scalp and hair follicles from drying out, reducing inflammation and promoting hair growth. (Eat Salmons, Sardines, Avocados, Olive oil, walnuts and eat vitamins from fruits and vegetables).
Zinc is important for balancing hormones and shaping hair texture and thickness. (Eat shrimps, Oysters, Beef, Mussels, Eggs and Beans) Selenium is an element that protects the scalp’s tissues from oxidation. It is found in mushrooms, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, brown rice, whole grain rye and crabs.
The body also needs at least 18 mg of iron a day to ensure healthy hair growth and strength, so eat your greens!
And keep yourself hydrated with water and fluids ALWAYS.
Avoid Showering with hot water
Hot water will make your hair dry and brittle as it strips protective oils from your hair. It is better to use a temperature which is just a bit warmer than your body temperature.
Natural remedies for hair growth:
- Massage: Massaging the scalp can help to restore hair growth and can be used with hair oils and masks. This stimulates the scalp and can improve hair thickness.
- Aloe Vera: apply pure Aloe Vera oil/gel to your scalp few times per week or use shampoo and conditioner that contains Aloe Vera. It treats hair loss and reduces dandruff.
- Coconut Oil: Massage coconut oil into your scalp and all of your hair. If your hair is dry, you can also use it as a leave-in treatment. It contains fatty acids that reduces protein loss from hair.
- Rosemary oil: For promoting hair growth and reducing hair loss, mix a few drops of rosemary oil into a carrier oil and massage it into your hair and scalp before rinsing. Do this a few times per week. Add a few drops of rosemary oil into your shampoo and conditioner on a daily basis. Do not use essential oils directly on the skin. Always mix them in a carrier oil or shampoo.
- Lemon: Lemon Oil can help you to maintain a healthy scalp and encourage hair growth. Apply fresh lemon juice to your scalp and hair 15 minutes before you shampoo. You can use lemon essential oil diluted in a carrier oil as a hair mask.